APGFCU Hosts 2014 Annual Meeting and Swears In New Board of Directors
Posted on Apr 23, 2014 by APGFCU
APG Federal Credit Union (APGFCU) welcomed nearly more than 200 members and invited guests from Harford and Cecil counties to the Richlin Ballroom in Edgewood, Md., for its annual member meeting on April 10, 2014.
APGFCU swore in its 2014 volunteer board of directors:
- Chairman John A. Blomquist
- Vice Chairman Barry D. Decker, CSM (Ret.)
- Secretary Antha W. Edwards
- Treasurer Joseph A. Traino III, LTC (Ret.)
- Assistant Treasurer Sandra J. Sasser
- Director Charles N. Alston, Sr.
- Director Donald J. Burnett, COL (Ret.)
- Director Michael L. Dixon, LTC (Ret.)
- Director David H. Gilbert
- Director Dwight E. Hair, COL (Ret.)
- Director Windsor L. Jones
In his remarks, Chairman Blomquist honored long-time Director David H. Gilbert. Mr. Gilbert began his volunteer service to APGFCU in 1969 as an alternate director and in 1970 he joined the board of directors. Assets were $5 million and the credit union had not opened a branch. To date, Mr. Gilbert has served the credit union for 45 years; 20.5 of those years were as chairman of the board of directors. During his term of service, Mr. Gilbert and his fellow volunteers brought about many changes. When Mr. Gilbert stepped down as chairman in 2013, APGFCU had 11 branches plus the student-run RAM branch at Edgewood High School, and more than 100,000 members.
Other highlights of the meeting were a ceremonial posting of the colors by Patapsco High School’s Junior ROTC; a choral performance of the National Anthem and recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance by the Halls Cross Roads Elementary School Choir; and, free gifts for members and guests.
Read more from our Archive of Press Releases