APG Federal Credit Union offers several tools to protect you from identity theft:
Alerts is an email alert feature available through Online Banking. Sign up to receive alerts when you have a low balance, an overdrawn account, and more. This is a great tool to monitor the activity in your Online Banking accounts and avoid any unauthorized transactions.
Verified by VISA®
Verified by VISA® allows you to add a personal password to your existing APG Federal Credit Union Visa Credit Card or APGFCU Visa Check Card. When you make purchases at participating online stores, you'll validate your identity by entering your password in a special "Verified by Visa" window. This added security will help in reducing fraud and minimizing risk sometimes associated with purchasing online. It's a simple way for added identity protection. Learn More
Member Photo ID
We will scan your Photo ID and attach it to your account in our computer, so when you come in to do your transactions, you won’t need to show your ID card or a driver’s license. The teller will simply pull up your photo and ask you to smile! Attaching your photo ID makes fraudulent access to your APGFCU accounts practically impossible. Someone may find your card in a parking lot or steal your wallet, but they can’t steal your smile. Stop in today and take this easy step to protect your identity.
Protect your credit score and credit history
Equifax® Personal Solutions offers three products that can help today’s consumer protect the information in his or her credit files, make better decisions that will improve credit scores, and stay ahead of the growing problem of identity theft and credit fraud. APGFCU encourages our members to review the benefits and the security that these products can offer. Get Started
- Require signatures and membership ID for address changes and cash withdrawals.
- Maintain a secure server for Online and Mobile Banking (128-bit encryption).
- May require you to answer your security question correctly to gain access to Online Banking.
- No longer require your member/account number on the back of checks you are cashing or depositing.
- Allow you to request that an additional password be asked every time you call or come into a branch, for identification purposes.