Can you identify with any of these warning signs? You're not alone!
- Paying only the minimum amount due on your credit cards.
- Charging more each month than you make in payments.
- Using credit and cash advances for items that used to be purchased with cash, such as groceries, gas, and insurance.
- Having a total credit balance that rarely decreases.
- Being at or near your credit limit and applying for new cards.
- Needing a consolidation loan to pay existing debt.
- Not knowing the total amount you owe.
- Experiencing feelings of anxiety and stress whenever you use your charge cards.
- Draining your savings to pay debts.
- Making late bill payments.
We offer free budgetary advice to help you through tough financial situations:
- Productive counseling to help you establish and execute a financial plan.
- Preventive counseling to help you prepare for a financial change like lay-off or new child.
- Remedial counseling when quick action is necessary for crisis.
- Referral services, when appropriate.
Need financial guidance? Contact GreenPath, our financial education partner.